22/05/2013

A little breathing space...

As some of you may know Flickr underwent a complete change the other night, when Yahoo threw the baby out with the bath water. It's a change that hasn't gone down well with most Flickr users and as the complaints mount unanswered on the help forum I've decided that one of the biggest problems I have with it, is the total lack of breathing space given to each photo.

Everything is crammed into the one spot and overly justified. It looks messy and new additions to my photostream only add to the sense of claustrophobia. So as a result I have decided that I am going to honour the hard work I have put into my photos in the last few years by posting them here as well as on flickr and allowing them some breathing space...

I will try to post each day and am hoping to have a little more space to give some more details about each photo. So without further ado I give you "The New Flickr Health Warning, Googly Eyes" post 141 of 365 in 2013, 872 days in a row :)



Thanks so much to my honey Scott for being such a great model. Googly eyes were captured in camera and the image had flypaper textures added in PS. Lighting is always difficult when you have reflective surfaces such as glass, so Scott was lit from above with a 580exii flash through an umbrella.


2 comments:

Nammo said...

Catherine, you have put into works what I was struggling with. I knew i didn't like the new flickr, but couldn't work out why. It is the lack of space around each image. There is not enough time to absorb each shot before being bombarded with the one above, below or either side.

Flickr wants to be something many of its contributors don't want it to be!

Well i'll just have to follow you feeds instead!

Angela said...

This is a great comment and a fun picture...post it in the Flickr help forum with all the complaints ? instant fame and popularity is within reach!